Saturday, April 2, 2011

Potty Training

Bailey has been very eager to learn how to use the potty and has been going on it for about a month so I decided to finally begin "potty training." We are in day two and she only had 2 accidents today! She is starting to tell me when she needs to go, and can go #1 and #2 in the potty!  Too Much Info?  She is turning into such a big girl. I am still putting her in a diaper for naps and bed and don't really know when you switch that? I also don't know how she will do outside the house. I pretty much ask her every 25 minutes if she wants to sit on the potty. It has been a very tiring two days! Honestly diapers are much easier, but I feel like I should just potty train now since she wants to. I have pull ups we used the past 2 days when we would leave, but we have mainly been at home. Any potty training suggestions are helpful! 


On a separate note: I am so grateful to be home with Bailey and Brayden everyday! I pray this never changes and know that sometimes I take it for granted. It is moments like what is pictured below that I don't want to miss out on. No one else would appreciate when Bailey is being so loving to Brayden. 
Being a mother is what I have always wanted. Day to day life is not exciting, "fun", or easy but I love it. Most days consist of changing diapers, feeding Bailey, feeding Brayden, entertaining Bailey while holding Brayden, giving baths, reading books, watching PBS, cooking, cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. I have learned to put my own needs last and have little to no personal time, but at the end of the day it is all worth it! 


these pictures were a few weeks ago but I love being able to capture the two of them together...


2 comments:

  1. That's great Bailey is potty training! Mason doesn't really show any interest yet. Enjoy being a stay at home mom! I only work 2 days a week but like you said nobody enjoys and appreciates those special moments like a mom and sometimes I feel like I am missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I potty trained Emma a couple weeks ago! I haven't posted in a while I'm a little behind! BUT what we did was I got her a little potty from target a while back. It sings when she goes. I got something she enjoys (candy) and we stayed home the first couple days. I gave her lots to drink and would continually ask her. She loved getting a treat when she was good and went. The first day we had like 6 accidents. The next day hardly any and the 3rd day she was running down the hall and going on her own. She is completely done now! When we are out and about I do ask her occasionally but she is pretty good at telling us she needs to go potty. I only put her in pullups the first 2 days when she took naps and went to bed. Since she has been in underwear. Since she is in a toddler bed after we get her to sleep we open her door so she can run across the hall when she needs to. We have a nightlight on in there so she can see. She hasn't had very many accidents at night and they mainly were when she had that strep infection and she wasn't feeling good.
    I have a PDF from a book (3 day potty training guide... Something along those lines) a friend sent me that may help If you want me to send it. I never read all of it just a few pages. Emma has gotten very good at controlling it now and can go about 2 hours without going. I love only taking one size of diapers!

    ReplyDelete